Monday, May 7, 2007

My hubby was on TV!!!!

It has finally happened!! My handsome and intelligent husband has been adopted by the media as the poster boy of ISB - brains and beauty!! I don't know how I will keep up with the fan mail now!
The local Gemini TV's program City Lights featured a bit on ISB and my hubby was interviewed based (among other things) on his unusual profile. They had bits on 4 students, from non-engineering backgrounds and 3 of them were returning Indians. It was really good to see my new home on TV. GO ISB!!!!

So after the euphoria of watching my sweetheart wore off, I realised that this was the beginning of our new life. What we left behind 3 months ago was so different from this and what ever is coming ahead, it is mind-boggling. I have a feeling that we are at the right place, at the right time. Yes, me watching the press release was preaching to the choir, but the student body of the Class of '08 is amazing. An ISB official said that last year they had 60% engineers while this year the number is 49%. More than half of the students are from non-traditional educational backgrounds. A look at the profile of the class shows a lot of returning Indians, too. Indians are coming back home looking to ride the wave of the booming economy. This certainly is a heartwarming trend as this has become a reverse "brain-drain". I hope more and more of our countrymen(women) consider the issue of returning home seriously and contribute towards taking India to its rightful place among the countries of the world - right there on the top!

Good Luck ISB Class of 2008.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt that you guys are at the right place , at the right time.
I feel very proud to know someone who came on the famous Gemini Channel. I have a friend who is from last years ISB batch he was told during the TV shoot that his face is definately not needed. Now i am glad to know someone who made it to the television. Gud Start guys!!!!

Bong Mom said...

Sogno I left you a comment. Mail me at desimomz.blog@gmail.com

Her Highness said...

which batch of ISB is this? my husband is batch of 2003.